Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Your understanding of faith determines your result in life. You cannot see results beyond your level of understanding. As men are different in their level of faith so are their results different in life. No one can develop another person’s faith on his behalf, everyone must work on their faith. “… but the just shall live by his faith.” (Habakkuk 2:4).
Why do we need to grow our faith?
– So we can be productive in our faith walk.
– So we don’t live life in error.
– So we do not shipwreck our faith.
What faith is not:
- Faith is not illegality. Refusal to abide by the laws of God, or disrespect to the rules of men is not faith. “Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.” (Romans 8:7).
- Faith is not irresponsibility. Faith is not abandonment of legitimate responsibility. “For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.” (Romans 8:6).
- Faith is not insulting God. “Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified.” (Isaiah 43:26).
Prayer focus: Father, thank you for your word to me, I receive the faith to please God in all things and at all times.
Study focus: Romans 1:17
Ref: WHAT FAITH IS NOT