For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
Just as it is important to know what faith is, it is also important to know what faith is not. Your understanding of faith affects your command of outstanding blessings from God.
Why should we grow in our understanding of faith?
- So we can please God and not displease him. “For without faith it is impossible to please him …” (Hebrews 11:6). To please God means to pleasure God’s heart and not displease him.
- So we don’t live a life of falsehood. A lot of people talk faith but very few live the life of faith.
- So we don’t end with failed faith.
What faith is not:
- Faith is not insensitivity. For your faith to work, you must have a heart of sensitivity, love and care for others. Being mean, harsh and hardened on your self and others is not faith. “… But faith which worketh by love …” (Galatians 5:6)
- Faith is not idleness. Faith is not doing nothing while waiting for God to do something. “… that faith without work is dead.” (James 2:20).
- Faith is not fake. If you want to have faith be real, faith is not fake. Behind peoples actions are divine encounters, therefore seek God and be real.
Prayer focus: Father, thank you for your word. I receive faith to dare and do the impossible.
Futher study: Romans 1:17
Ref: WHAT FAITH IS NOT