This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightestwar a good warfare;
1 Timothy 1:18
Beloved, how do we possess our promise and prophecy? By contending in prayer and warfare! “Hear ye now what the LORD saith; Arise, contend thou before the mountains, and let the hills hear thy voice.” (Micah 6:1). It takes spiritual warfare to possess our promises and possessions.
Beloved, life is a battle ground not a play ground. “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds.” (2 Corinthians 10:4).
Why we must war in prayers:
- Satan and his agents are fighters who use war and terror to advance evil. “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day.” (Psalm 91:5).
- Satan and his agents only surrender forcefully and violently, not willing. “Say unto God, How terrible art thou in thy works! through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.” (Psalm 66:3).
What we are to enforce in prayers:
- Peace and protection of lives, families and properties against destruction and oppression. “And seek the peace of the city whither I have caused you to be carried away captives, and pray unto the LORD for it: for in the peace thereof shall ye have peace.” (Jeremiah 29:7).
- The establishment and expansion of God’s kingdom on earth.
- The continuous operation and flow of God’s power.
Beloved, take responsibility for the manifestation of your prophecy by engaging in spiritual warfare.
Prayer focus: Father, every enemy of my prophecy goes down for my sake in Jesus name.
Ref: War for your promises and prophecy
Study focus:1 Timothy 1:18