Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
When prayer alone does not change your situation or condition, add fast to it. To enjoy the right results from fasting, you must fast the right way. Most people fast, but not all fast correctly.
Facts to note about fasting:
- Avoid displaying your fast before people; fast unto God: “But thou, when thou fastest … thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy father which is in secret: and thy father, which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly” (Matthew 6:17-18). There must be a clear conviction in your heart that God is calling you aside on a journey of separation and fasting.
- You must deliberately separate yourself from every carnal thing that does not feed your spirit and reason for fasting. “And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone” (Matthew 14:23).
- Take time to read, study and feed on God’s word. The word of God is the food of the spirit.
- Spend quality time in practical prayers and worship. “Take with you words, and turn to the Lord: say unto him, take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips” (Hosea 14:2). The reason for your fasting should determine the focus of your prayers. Make sure you are using and applying the right scriptural promises.
- Spend quality time in worship and quality time listening to the voice of the spirit. Sing and speak much in tongues, then listen to hear God’s voice. He will speak to you, and the expected change will come. I see you enjoy divine intervention in Jesus name.
Prayer focus: Father, I receive grace to apply bible fasting, and as I do so, I enjoy divine intervention in Jesus name.
Study focus: Exodus 33:13-23, 34:28-30
Ref: WHEN YOU FAST