And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes. Daniel 9:3
Fasting and prayers command wonders in life. Daniel’s life of exploits was massively sponsored by a lifestyle of fasting. Fasting will release upon you the unction that will terminate frustration and limitation.
Some benefits that can be enjoyed by fasting.
- Revitalization and renewal of physical health. “Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy reward.” (Isaiah 58:8)
- Termination of captivity and bondage. “Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to lose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?” (Isaiah 58:6).
- Protection, preservation, intervention and deliverance from evil traps and attacks.
- The revelation of secrets and mysteries. “With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the Lord shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?” (Numbers 12:8).
- Promotion and elevation for speedy change of level. “And Daniel continued even unto the first year of king Cyrus.” (Daniel 1:12).
What to do:
- Fast consistently and regularly.
- Fast scripturally and prayerfully.
- Fast passionately with hunger.
- Fast expectantly with a vision.
Prayer focus: Father, I receive grace to fast faithfully and expectantly for a harvest of wonders in Jesus name.
Study focus: Daniel 10:2-3, Daniel 9:1-3, Isaiah 58:6-8
Ref: The Wonders of Fasting