Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another. Romans 12:10
Child of God, a major quality of true love is the willingness and humility to serve others. Most people go into a relationship focused on themselves:
- What they can get, not what they can give.
- How they will be served, not how they can serve others.
Jesus said in John 13:14; ” If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another’s feet.” We must put away selfishness and allow true to love to flow from us to others as we serve them.
How to serve others right:
- Serve willingly and cheerfully.
- Serve with nothing to fear or prove.
- Serve without putting others down.
- Serve without looking for notice and announcement.
- Serve promptly without being begged or forced.
- Serve with sincerity and no hidden agenda.
Actions that show honour:
- Taking the initiative to clear misunderstandings.
- Correcting people in private, not in public.
- Giving helpful communication and information.
- Assisting with duties and responsibilities.
- Giving commendations, encouragement and appreciation promptly.
Actions that hinder service:
- Being too busy to be available to others.
- Cold passionless expressions.
- Uncontrolled jealousy and anger.
- Inability to forgive and forget.
- Failure to see good and celebrate it in others.
Beloved, for your relationship to work right, honour, love and serve others.
Prayer focus: Father, I receive the mind of Christ to love God, love my spouse and be willing to serve others.
Study focus: Romans 12:10, John 13:14
Ref: HONOUR AND SERVE GOD AND ONE ANOTHER