Then I proclaimed a fast there, at the river of Ahava, that we might afflict ourselves before our God, to seek of him a right way for us, and for our little ones, and for all our substance. Ezra 8:21
From our text, it is clear that fasting is a necessary key for anyone that desires unstoppable impact. Anyone can fast and pray at anytime, anywhere and see wonders. No one is too big or too busy to fast and pray. The power of prayer and fasting will work in all seasons of life.
Different kinds of fasting include:
- Daily fast from morning till evening.
- 3-day fast. “… and fast ye for me and neither eat no drink three days, night or day…” (Esther 4:16).
- 14-day fast. “And while the days was coming on, Paul besought them all to take meat, saying, This day is the fourteenth day that ye have tarried and continued fasting having taken nothing” (Acts 27:33).
- 40-day fast. “And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.” (Exodus 24:18)
Fasting is not for excitement but for empowerment. The lifestyle of fasting and prayer is very important to any believer who desires to enjoy wonders from God.
Some importance of fasting:
- Fasting gives direction and solution to a problem.
- Fasting brings favour that leads to promotion.
- Fasting breaks the yoke of captivity.
- Fasting disrupts and counters enemies’ plans.
- Fasting commands power for exploits and wonders.
Men who are dedicated to a lifestyle of fasting do not remain small in life and destiny.
Prayer focus: Father, I receive grace for a lifestyle of fasting and prayer. I will fast and enjoy wonders in Jesus name.
Study focus: Isaiah 40:29-31
Ref: THE WONDER OF FASTING