Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.
Our God works and He delights in seeing His people work. “…I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained” (Psalm 8:3). Work is the platform for impact. It takes work to express potentials and display creativity. A good mind alone does not produce good results. To produce good results, you must be good at your work.
What is work?
- Work is an assigned duty or task to be accomplished.
- Responsibility to be executed.
- Labour practically exerted
- Quality performance on a job.
Let us consider some truths about God and your work.
- God is interested in your work. “And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there he put the man who he had formed” (Genesis 2:8). God was the one that gave the first man work to do.
- God records and appraises work done both secretly and in the open.
- God demands accountability in every work done. “And he called him and said unto him … give an account of thy stewardship…” (Luke 16:2).
- God appreciates and rewards good work. “He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.” (Proverbs 10:4)
- God disciplines and rejects irresponsible work: “And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” (Matthew 25:30).
Beloved, there is a reward waiting for you as you serve faithfully, doing your best in that office or business, working and serving as unto the Lord.
Prayer focus: Father, I receive the grace to do my work effectively and excellently in Jesus name.
Study focus: Matthew 25:114-31
Ref: UNDERSTANDING WORK