Go ye therefore and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father of the Son and of the Holy Ghost teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you, and, lo, I am with your always even unto the end of the world. Matthew 28:19-20
Soul-winning means preaching the gospel to lead sinners back to God. Soul-winning for the believer is not an option, but a divine command from God. Soul-winning is the very essence of the believer’s life.
- We must preach the gospel and point sinners to the saving grace of Jesus Christ.
- We must keep preaching the gospel to turn believers into disciples of Christ.
Why we must win souls?
- It is a command from God. “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15).
- Soul-winning gives God pleasure. “I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth more than over ninety and nine just persons which need no repentance” (Luke 15:17).
- Since God has saved us out of sin and eternity in hell, we too must preach and get others saved.
Benefits of winning souls for God:
- Every soul-winner carries the presence of God. “And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.” (Mark 16:20).
- Every soul-winner commands the power of God. “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8).
- You command harvest of answers to prayers.
- You enjoy divine promotion and upliftment.
- You enjoy angelic backup and assistance.
Friends, just as Noah was called to save his generation from the flood, every believer is called today to save sinners from going to hell. Rise up today and become an addicted soul winner.
Prayer focus: Father, in the name of Jesus, baptize me with the grace to be an addicted soul-winner.
Ref: FAITH AND SOUL WINNING
Study focus: Acts 14:21-23