Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?
2 Corinthians 6:14
Good people can make bad choices in life and therefore suffer negative consequences. Making the right decisions is determined by how connected you are to God. “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” (Proverbs 14:12). Who you marry defines how the rest of your life will end. Choosing a spouse is one of the greatest decisions to be made in life. Follow God’s leading in choosing a spouse. “And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.” (Genesis 2:22).
Examples of Wrong Choices:
- An angry person.
- A violator of God’s Word and covenant.
- A false worshipper and an occultist.
- A person with no regard for God’s principles and instruction.
- A person that has no love and passion for God’s kingdom.
Choosing the right spouse guarantees increased success, an improved life, greater accomplishments and results. “Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.” (Ecclesiastes 4:9).
Signs to watch out for in choosing right:
- Someone who is godly and humble.
- Someone who submits to proper pastoral covering and mentorship.
- Someone who is prayerful.
- Someone who cherishes the Word of God.
- Someone who is an addicted lover of God.
Beloved, strive to make the right relationship choices. Seek and yield to God and pastoral counsel.
Father, I submit my will to You, help me to find the right person for me.
1 Corinthians 15:33, Proverbs 13:20
For further studies, get the message:
EXPLOITS THROUGH GODLY FAMILY LIFE.