But Jesus said to him, A man was once giving a great supper and invited many; And at the hour for the supper he sent his servant to say to those who had been invited, Come, for all is now ready.Luke 14:16-17 AMP
In our text, Jesus likened the gospel invitation for salvation to a feast or banquet. It is something worth publicizing.
Things that are available in God’s banquet of salvation:
- There is grace in abundance (Romans 5:17).
- Joy and gladness.
- God’s mercy and forgiveness.
- All good things (Psalm 84:11).
Salvation connects a person to everything Christ has paid for. Salvation qualifies us for the banquet of God’s blessings.
Things to note about the banquet of salvation:
- It is prepared and provided by God.
- It is filled with all good things. “Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things, so that thy youth is renewed like the eagles” (Psalm 103:5).
- It is for all men everywhere.
- The time for the banquet is always ready and now. “Say not ye, there are yet four months, and then cometh harvest; behold, I say unto you, lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest” (John 4:35).
- The banquet must be published. “The Lord gave the word: great was the company of those that published it” (Psalm 68:11).
- No excuses are accepted for rejecting salvation. “Therefore thou art inexcusable, o man …” (Romans 2:1).
The banquet of God’s salvation requires a great company of publishers. Rise up and obey the call to go and preach the gospel.
Give your life to Christ and become a channel of salvation to other unbelievers. Preach the gospel everywhere.
SOS 2:4, Luke 14:15-25
For further study: Get the message:
GOD’S BANQUET OF SALVATION
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN
MORNING: 2 Samuel 10:16 – 13:2 || EVENING: Luke 23:48 – 24:13