The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
A major crisis in marriage is ignorance of our God assigned roles or responsibilities. Out of love, God formed and built the body of man. “And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” (Genesis 2:7). Anything you are passionate about, you are stirred up to build up. “Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.” (Proverbs 14:1).
God is a builder and He builds destinies. We were created in God’s image to build and not destroy. “Except the Lord build the house, they labour in vain that build it…” (Psalms 127:1). Man was made in the image of God to build things out of love and compassion. Rise up and build your home.
The Challenges in Building:
- Building is a lengthy work. “It took Solomon twenty years to build the Lord’s Temple and his own royal palace.” (1 Kings 9:10).
- Building is a costly work. “For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?” (Luke 14:28).
In building a home, you must know your roles and responsibilities in the marriage covenant. “Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.” (Malachi 2:14).
Let us consider the role of the man in building a home:
- You are the coach and leader of your home.
- Be available to respond to the challenges of your home.
- Bond and unite your family in growing intimacy.
The role of the woman in building a home:
- Recognize and honour the headship of your husband.
- Celebrate and appreciate the sacrifices of your husband for the betterment of the home.
- Assist your husband in providing leadership and love for the betterment of the home.
Father, thank you for the revelation of your word, help me to understand your true love and extend it to others in my world.
1 John 3:18-224, John 3:16
For Further Studies, Get The Message:
LOVE DID NOT LET ME GO
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN MORNING:
MORNING: Leviticus 13:20 – 14:24 || EVENING: Matthew 28:6 – 28:20, Mark 1:1 – 1:7